Naked Wines, the UK’s fastest growing online wine retailer, was born in December 2008 when twelve friends jacked in their jobs during the depth of the recession to do things a little differently. Their goal was to find the world’s most talented, undiscovered winemakers and set them up in business.
There’s absolutely no need to join a club or commit to future purchases but if you do want to become more involved and buy discounted quality wine on a regular basis, you can always become an Angel.
- 100,000 Angels invest over £2m a month towards future orders.
- Naked Wines use this to fund independent winemakers who in return…
- Offer exclusive wines at preferential prices.
- Which Naked Wines pass back to their customers.
Naked Wines call it the ‘virtuous circle’, as everybody gets more for less, without trampling on anyone along the way.
What does a Naked Wines Customer look like?
- Above average influence
- Happy to transact online
- Age 30+
What can Naked Wines offer you and your members, customers or supporters?
- Great wines at great prices
- 100% no quibble returns if you don’t like a wine you have purchased
- Strong welcome offer that is proven to drive high sales
- A bounty for each new customer who takes up the introductory offer.
Want to know more about Naked Wines? They:
- Have invested in 40 independent winemakers to date
- Ship an average of 10,000 bottles of wine every day
- Have seen over 100% growth year-on-year, with sales of £23.5 million in 2011.
- Recruited 200,000 customers, 100,000 of which invest over £2m a month towards future orders.
- Have been named the UK’s most innovative wine company for two years on the trot, at the IWC.
- Have been named the UK’s Online Business of the Year at the 2011 National Business Awards.
- Probably the world’s largest group of net wine investors.
A truly social business
As well as the model itself, the website delivers a truly social experience.
- Customers can chat directly to one another and to the winemakers.
- Customers can vote with their feet on new initiatives and new wines and decide what makes the cut.
- And we tell customers what to buy AND what not to buy, based on their preferences.
For more information contact Nick Howse on 01454 322344 or email firstname.lastname@example.org